Local Charities and Chocolate Santas Celebrate the Holidays Together
Cococo Chocolatiers lnc., The Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut Company donates Giant Chocolate Santas to local organizations in "12 Santas of Christmas" Community Partnership
Cococo Chocolatiers lnc., the Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut Company and purveyors of exquisite hand-crafted chocolates, celebrates the holiday season with its "12 Santas of Christmas" Community Partnership.
11 lucky local non-profits will receive a large 30lb Chocolate Santa made from Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut's signature chocolate.
The local organizations are: Between Friends, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary and Area, Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary, Children's Cottage Society, Hull Services, lnn from the Cold, KidSport Calgary, Ronald McDonald House Southern Alberta, Youth Singers of Calgary, Youville and YWCA Banff.
Several charities are using their Chocolate Santas to help with fundraising efforts over the holiday season.
"We are excited to be giving away our giant Chocolate Santas to important local organizations that do so much within our communities," says Kristen Halpen, Marketing Manager of Cococo Chocolatiers lnc. "Giving back to the local community is very important to us and we are delighted to do it in such a fun way this holiday season."
The 12th Chocolate Santa goes to a lucky customer through an enter-to-win contest at participating Cococo Chocolatiers lnc. and Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut stores in Calgary and Banff.
Representatives from the charities receiving the Santas will be getting a sneak peek of Chocolate Santa when they meet for a photo opportunity on November 29, 2012 at Cococo Chocolatiers headquarters, home of Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut chocolates.
CHOCOLATE SANTA FUN FACTS:
- Weighs approximately 30lb (13.6kg)
- Stands 34" tall (almost 3 feet)
- Retail Value: $710
- Made with signature Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut Milk Chocolate with hand-painted Semi-Sweet and White Chocolate detailing
- Handmade in Calgary at the Cococo Chocolatiers factory, home of Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut
- Chocolate Santa is the heaviest chocolate product made in the factory and takes approximately 4 days to make
- Our Santas are on display at 11 locations in Calgary, 31 across Canada and 2 in the USA.