On Thursday May 3, 2012 Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut will hand over a 120-pound (55 kg) chocolate replica of Ronald McDonald House Southern Alberta in honour of the organizations' highly-anticipated inaugural "illuminate Gala" being held at Telus SPARK on Friday, May 4, 2012. "We are thrilled to be the official chocolate sponsors of Ronald McDonald House Southern AB's big fundraising weekend which includes the illuminate Gala and Cassie Campbell Street Hockey Festival," said Alana Antonelli, Marketing Manager for Cococo Chocolatiers Inc., the company that owns and operates Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut. "We are especially proud of the incredible artistic endeavor undertaken by our very talented head chocolatiers, Maitre Chocolatier Derrick Pho and Master Chocolatier Patrick Senior, to replicate the house purely out of chocolate!"
Facts about the house and our donation to the fundraising weekend:
The Chocolate HOUSE
- Created by Maitre Chocolatier Derrick Pho and Master Chocolatier Patrick Senior
- The house took approximately 150 hours to complete
- Built 1:80 scale
- Made of 120 lbs (55 kg) of chocolate, dimensions are approximately 4' x 4' wide x 2' tall
- Approximate retail value $5500
- At a rate of one chocolate bar per day (56 g), it would take one person 2 years, 7 months and 21 days to eat this house!
- Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut wafers to be paired with champagne during illuminate Gala reception
- Chocolate liqueur cups to be served with ice wine during the main illuminate Gala event
- 370 hand-carved chocolate replicas of the Ronald McDonald House logo for guests to take
home with them following the illuminate Gala
- Chocolate fountain and organic marshmallows, manned by Master Chocolatier Patrick Senior,
donated to the Cassie Campbell Street Hockey Festival VIP luncheon
- Total estimated value of Cococo's involvement with Ronald McDonald House Southern AB fundraising weekend: $10,000
About Cococo Chocolatiers Inc.
Based in Calgary Alberta, Cococo Chocolatiers Inc. operates eight corporate stores in Calgary and one in Banff. They also proudly support 23 other stores run by independent dealers in Calgary and throughout Canada and the USA. The company offers the finest chocolate products under the Cococo and Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut brands. For more information please visit their websites at www.bernardcallebaut.com or www.CococoChocolatiers.com
About Ronald McDonald House
Ronald McDonald House Southern Alberta provides a home away from home and support for sick children and their families. Since opening in 1985, the purpose of the House has remained the same: keeping families together while the child is being treated for illness in a compassionate and comfortable, home-like atmosphere.