On Friday June 15, Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut will launch a brand-new chocolate bar,
The Calgary Stampede Habanero Sea Salt Milk Chocolate Bar. "It's a unique flavour combination of habanero, sea salt & our delicious milk chocolate that leaves you wanting more," said Alana Antonelli, Marketing Manager for Cococo Chocolatiers Inc., the company that owns and operates Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut. "We thought it would be fun to come up with something new for the Stampede 100-year anniversary. We wanted to honour the women, men and their equestrian skills which have made The Calgary Stampede legendary during the last 100 years. Cowboy culture has long celebrated spicy food - what better fit than our chocolate with a little bit of western sass to it? This bar has 'Calgary' written all over it."
The bars are whimsically packaged, one for the cowboy and one for the cowgirl. They retail for $3.50 each and can be found at all 11 Calgary locations as well as at the Stampede store starting on June 15th, 2012.
Facts about the new chocolate bar:
- Officially licensed by the Calgary Stampede for their 100-year anniversary.
- Retails for $3.50 each.
- Sold at 11 Calgary locations and 1 in Banff. The bar will also be sold in the Calgary Stampede Store and may also find its way into other retail stores looking for some Stampede fun.
- To be sold for six months only, beginning June 15, 2019 and ending October 30, 2012.
- Made in our Calgary factory with our own unique recipe of milk chocolate and Habanero chili pepper-infused sea salt.
- Packaging was illustrated and designed by Cococo Chocolatiers' in-house design department and then printed locally. This is truly a local, made-in-Calgary product!
- The same chocolate bar is packaged two ways - one for Cowgirls and one for Cowboys.
- The red Cowgirl label pays tribute to the female barrel racer and says 'Giddy-up Cowgirl' on the label back. The blue Cowboy label honours the male bronc rider and says 'Giddy-up Cowboy' on the back.
- On the floor display and in point of sale signage, two phrases are used: "Chocolate with a Kick!" and "Chocolate with Turn N' Burn!". "Turn N' Burn" is a phrase commonly used in barrel racing and it refers to riding as cleanly and quickly as possible around the barrels and getting to the finish line without knocking down barrels or incurring penalties.
About Cococo Chocolatiers Inc.
Based in Calgary Alberta, Cococo Chocolatiers Inc. operates eight corporate stores in Calgary and one in Banff. They also support 23 other stores run by independent dealers in Calgary and throughout Canada and the USA. The company offers the finest chocolate products under the Cococo and Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut brands. For more information please visit their websites at www.bernardcallebaut.com or www.cococochoclatiers.com