- 7 ounces Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut White Chocolate (225 g)
- 1/3 cup Homogenized milk (80 ml)
- 1 tsp Crème de Cacao (5 ml)
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 cup heavy (Whipping Cream) (250 ml)
- In the top of a double boiler over hot, (not simmering) water, melt the white chocolate, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat source.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk until it is warm. Pour the milk into a medium-sized bowl. Stir in the melted white chocolate until smooth. Mix in the Crème de Cacao and allow the chocolate mixture to cool until tepid.
- Set the electric mixer at a medium speed and beat the egg whites until they form soft, shiny peaks. Gently fold the beaten whites into the chocolate mixture.
- In a chilled bowl, beat the cream until it begins to form soft peaks.
- Fold the cream into the chocolate/egg white mixture.
- Pour the mousse into 8 individual dessert glasses or a large serving dish. Or for a more unique presentation Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut recommends serving your mousse in our semi-sweet chocolate oval dessert dishes or round dessert bowls for individual portions.
- Chill for 4 hours.
(Makes 8 Servings)
Victoria, British Columbia